8 Things To Do After A Car Accident
Enduring a traffic accident with injuries or fatalities can be traumatic and overwhelming. You have the right to first-class representation from caring, experienced professionals in personal injury law. The Stuckey Firm is empathetic with clients, yet aggressive in court, and will go to trial to protect your rights when needed.
Here is our list of the top eight things you should do after you are in a motor vehicle accident:
- Call the police — Report any and every accident to 911 authorities. Many insurance companies will attempt to deny coverage and refuse to adequately cover costs if an accident is not documented in an official police report. If there were injuries, ask them to send medical help immediately.
- Stay at the scene — Do not leave the scene of the accident — if you are potentially at fault you could be charged with hit-and-run. If you have concerns about your rights while waiting for the authorities to arrive, then call us at 937-471-3837.
- Gather information — Exchange and secure pertinent information from all other parties involved, including any witnesses. Important information to gather includes name, address, phone numbers, insurance cards, license plate numbers, officers’ badge numbers as well as where your car was towed. This crucial information may be difficult to get after an accident.
- Take photos — Snap several photos of the scene with a camera or smartphone. Take pictures of the damage to your car and any signs of injuries.
- Do not talk with another motorist’s insurance company — Do not make any statement or answer questions from the other driver’s insurance company until obtaining an attorney. Insurance companies routinely attempt to shift blame to minimalize exposure, so it is very important that you direct all communications to your attorney.
- Contact your car insurance company — Report the accident to your motor vehicle insurance company promptly. This is important even if you were not at fault.
- Seek help from an attorney at The Stuckey Firm — Attorney Nathan Stuckey can advise you on all of the important issues related to your motor vehicle accident. He’ll protect your rights, and provide you with valuable information and the resources you need to handle the traumatic event you have been faced with. Most importantly, Nathan Stuckey will fight on your behalf, present you with your best options and assist you in making smart decisions related to your claims such as accepting or rejecting settlement offers, and whether or not to take your case to trial.
- Do not post on social media — Do not share information about your accident or injuries to any social media site before consulting a lawyer.
We’ll Secure Your Rights
If you are involved in an automobile accident, you’ll need assistance from our personal injury firm. We’ll evaluate your case and make specific, customized suggestions on what to do after a car accident based on our extensive legal experience. Get a no-obligation, free evaluation today. Call us at 937-471-3837 or send us an email inquiry, and we will promptly get back to you.