Here To Lift Your Burdens After A Construction Accident
The disturbing trend of a lack of adequate safety training for Ohio construction workers means that more workers have an increased chance of suffering a construction accident. A construction worker injury can leave a family’s breadwinner unable to work for months or years.
Other common causes of construction site accidents include:
- Improperly installed scaffolding
- Faulty electrical connections
- Faulty or falling tools and equipment
After a construction accident caused by factors like these, you may have a valid workers’ compensation claim. At the same time, you may have a valid third-party liability claim against a negligent party other than your employer: an equipment manufacturer, a subcontractor, a maintenance company or another responsible person or organization. A skilled personal injury lawyer can help you coordinate your workers’ comp claim and your personal injury claim against a negligent third party. The Stuckey Firm will examine all aspects of your construction accident in search of the keys to successful recovery of the compensation you need from all available sources.
Skilled And Aggressive Legal Counsel
Get experienced legal counsel to guide you through the personal injury case process with attorney Nathan J. Stuckey and The Stuckey Firm. Our legal team has a reputation for fighting aggressively in pursuit of compensation for the injured.
Here are some tips about what to do after you are a victim of a construction accident:
Steps To Take After An Accident
- Report your injuries to your employer as soon as possible to protect your right to collect all workers’ compensation benefits you are eligible for.
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you think you are not severely injured.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations for treatment to be ready to demonstrate to any insurer or another decision-maker that you are doing your part to get well fast.
- If possible, get names and contact information from witnesses, and have someone take pictures of the accident scene. Without evidence of the conditions at the scene of the accident, it may be difficult or impossible to determine whether there is a reason to bring a third-party liability claim.
- Learn all you can about your legal rights as an accident victim by consulting with a lawyer.
- Work closely with your attorney in support of your own claims for compensation.
Contact Us For Help
Give The Stuckey Firm a call at 937-471-3837 or contact us with this online form for a free consultation with a lawyer about your construction accident injury. Your case will get personalized attention from our professional staff in Springfield.