Get A Strong
Advocate On Your Side

Aggressive, Personable, Skillful Representation.

Nathan J. Stuckey
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Nursing Home Neglect And Abuse
  6.  » Detecting Nursing Home Neglect

Detecting Nursing Home Neglect

Having a vulnerable loved one injured or taken advantage of by the very people who are supposed to care for them is awful. Assessing the situation and deciding what to do can be nerve-wracking. Getting answers is an important first step toward “doing something about it” and getting help. A potential legal or financial resolution may correct wrongdoing. Ask a lawyer’s advice if you detect neglect or abuse through any of the following signs and symptoms.

How Can I Tell If My Loved One Is Being Mistreated?

The symptoms of nursing home abuse can vary depending on the exact scenario. However, here is a checklist of some things to watch for:

  • Unusual bleeding, wounds, demonstration of pain or sores
  • Apparent changes in diet or appetite
  • Unexplained weight loss
  • Mood swings
  • Demonstration of a withdrawn demeanor around staff
  • Indication of overmedication or incomplete dosages
  • Suspicious death of a nursing home resident
  • Suspicious financial transactions

Any of these things could indicate something improper is taking place behind the scenes, so you should investigate immediately. If necessary, do not be afraid to speak with other residents or families whose loved ones live at the facility.

When You Suspect Wrongdoing In A Long-Term Care Setting, We Are Here For You

At The Stuckey Firm, LLC, we are here to help you put an end to abuse and hold the nursing home responsible. We have successfully fought for elder justice in Springfield, Columbus and throughout Ohio and West Virginia for years. We look forward to putting our experience to work for you.

Get a professional opinion about your loved one’s potential negligence claim in a nursing home or assisted living setting – at no charge. Initial consultations at The Stuckey Firm, LLC, are free. Schedule your conversion with an attorney by email or by calling 937-471-3837.