Pursuing Wrongful Death Compensation
The sudden death of an individual can have repercussions across a whole family. Loved ones of the deceased have to deal with grief while helping immediate family members navigate their new economic circumstances. If a loved one’s fatal accident was because of someone’s negligence, activity, mistake or lack of judgment, the immediate family of the deceased could file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Wrongful Death Causes
Some examples of wrongful deaths are those brought about by accidents and injuries involving:
- Defective products — for example, faulty brakes on a car
- Motor vehicle accidents — due to someone else’s negligence or actions
- Medical malpractice — such as a surgical mistake
- Someone else’s criminal activity — for example, being fatally wounded during a robbery
- Construction site accidents — leading to a catastrophic work site injury
- Excessive force by law enforcement agents
No matter how your loved one died unexpectedly, it can be reassuring to know that a successful wrongful death claim or lawsuit can bring your family relief. Prompt legal counsel after an accidental death is important to give your lawyer the best chances of building a successful case.
Personalized, Respectful Representation
Attorney Nathan J. Stuckey zealously advocates for the surviving family members of a person killed wrongfully, and has built a strong reputation for his litigation skill and aggressiveness during his career. His law practice, The Stuckey Firm, provides personalized and professional service while pursuing the compensation you need.
Some of the damages that you can be compensated for in Ohio include:
- Loss of economic support, including wages and future retirement benefits
- The deceased’s pain and suffering
- The deceased’s medical bills and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
Losing your loved one is a great emotional burden in many cases. A successful wrongful death claim can lift some of the financial burdens associated with an unexpected death in the family and bring closure for those affected by such an unfortunate and traumatic loss.
Find Out Today
Learn more about wrongful death lawsuits and talk about your situation during a free consultation by calling The Stuckey Firm at use our online intake form to request a consultation.