Pursuing Wrongful Death Compensation
The sudden death of an individual can have repercussions across a whole family. Loved ones of the deceased have to deal with grief while helping immediate family members navigate their new economic circumstances. If a loved one’s fatal accident was because of someone’s negligence, activity, mistake or lack of judgment, the immediate family of the deceased may file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Attorney Nathan J. Stuckey zealously advocates for the surviving family members of a person killed wrongfully, and has built a strong reputation for his litigation skill and aggressiveness during his career.
Fatal Car, Truck And Motorcycle Accidents
Traffic accidents are a major cause of accidental deaths. When a motor vehicle accident results in a death, it is always important to evaluate the case to discover liability: Another motorist may be to blame and may be held responsible.
In the case of a truck accident, other liable parties may include a loading dock company or a safety inspector. Some car accidents are caused by poor signage, defective roadways and debris falling out of trucks. Our law firm takes no shortcuts in accident reconstruction efforts that can demonstrate who was at fault. Our goal is always to help qualifying family members recover all compensation they are eligible for.
Other Wrongful Death Causes
In addition to fatal car accidents, other examples of wrongful deaths involve injuries caused by:
- Dangerous and defective products: Examples of defective products that injure people include faulty brakes on a car, home appliances and power tools. A product liability claim may bring a family much-needed compensation.
- Medical malpractice: Emergency room errors, surgical mistakes, diagnosis errors and medication errors are all examples of medical mistakes that harm people. Sometimes, pharmacies and pharmacists are negligent.
- Someone else’s criminal activity: When a loved one dies after being fatally wounded during a robbery, family members may be able to recover compensation from the perpetrator or anyone who assisted or covered up the crime. Any fatality should be reviewed for potential criminal causes.
- Construction site accidents: Building sites, road construction sites and other construction areas sometimes include dangerous conditions that can lead to a catastrophic work site injury. Our law firm helps family members bring claims against third parties (beyond a workers’ compensation death claim through an employer’s insurance).
- Excessive force by law enforcement agents: Death at the hands of the police is painful for families and entire communities. Sometimes, families can recover compensation from a city and other people and entities.
No matter how your loved one died unexpectedly, it can be reassuring to know that a successful wrongful death claim or lawsuit can bring your family relief. Prompt legal counsel after an accidental death is important to give your lawyer the best chances of building a successful case.
Personalized, Respectful Representation
The Stuckey Firm, LLC, is ready to provide personalized and professional service while pursuing the compensation you need after an accidental death in the family. Nathan J. Stuckey understands the challenges that your family likely faces while navigating estate administration, probate and other legal processes, including a wrongful death case.
Stuckey Firm is a valuable resource for families during this time of many difficulties.
Some of the damages that you can be compensated for in Ohio include:
- Loss of economic support, including wages and future retirement benefits
- The deceased’s pain and suffering
- The deceased’s medical bills and funeral costs
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
Losing your loved one is a great emotional burden in many cases. A successful wrongful death claim can lift some of the financial burdens associated with an unexpected death in the family and bring closure for those affected by such an unfortunate and traumatic loss.
Find Out Today
Learn more about wrongful death lawsuits and talk about your situation during a free consultation by calling The Stuckey Firm, LLC, at 937-471-3837 or use our online intake form to request a consultation.